Communications Intern (Part-Time)
Brooklyn Community Foundation is seeking a part-time communications and social media intern to join our Communications team for a three-month engagement in Fall 2021.
The ideal applicant will possess strong writing and content development skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating content for the Foundation’s website and social media channels, promoting virtual events, and updating our website. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with a mission-driven organization are encouraged to apply. This position reports to the Foundation’s Communications Manager.
About Brooklyn Community Foundation
Brooklyn Community Foundation is the first and only foundation solely dedicated to New York City’s largest borough. We are on a mission to spark lasting social change, mobilizing people, capital, and expertise for a fair and just Brooklyn. Since its founding in 2009, Brooklyn Community Foundation has provided over $50 million in grants to more than 300 nonprofits through its Community Fund and Donor Advised Fund program.
· Create engaging content for a variety of digital platforms in line with the Foundation’s social media strategy
· Support the promotion of the #BrooklynGives on Giving Tuesday campaign
· Interview subjects and draft copy for profiles of Foundation donors and grantee partners
· Draft articles for the Foundation’s blog
· Provide support for virtual events
· Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
· Special communications projects as needed
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications or related field (or recent graduate), or equivalent Communications experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· In-depth working knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube
· Basic video editing skills (Adobe Premiere, iMovie, or similar software)
· Fluency with Photoshop, HTML, Drupal and/or WordPress
$18/hour, for a 16-hour/week schedule
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Communications Intern will be a remote position, and interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (no reference letters or phone calls please!), listing Communications Intern in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, with the aim to start the internship in October 2021.
Brooklyn Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In alignment with its Racial Justice Lens, the Foundation is committed to maintaining a staff that diversifies philanthropy, including lifting up the leadership of people from communities historically underrepresented in the field and those directly affected by structural racism, centering them in decision-making. Additionally, the Foundation does not base any hiring decisions on an applicant’s history of involvement in the criminal justice system.