The Brown-Forman (B-F) Internal Audit department provides internal audit services to all areas of B-F’s operations across the globe. We are seeking an intern to support the Internal Audit department for fall 2017 and spring 2018 for 20 – 30 hours per week.
As an internal audit intern, you will work with our team performing internal audit reviews. Additionally, you will work closely with fellow team members and our external auditors to test the strength and reliability of critical internal controls. You will typical work with 1 to 2 different team members on each audit project, and as you gain experience, you will be given more independence in the performance of your work. During your internship, you will gain experience in the planning and execution of audit procedures, completing fieldwork and testing, and presenting your findings and recommendations to the team.
• Will be graduating within one year with an Accounting, Finance, Management/Accounting Information Systems (MIS/AIS), or related degree (minimum 3.5 GPA)
• High level of proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate ability to adhere to a strict code of ethics in handling confidential information.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a self-managed environment with a high degree of initiative and inquisitiveness.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain effective working relationships and excel in a team environment.
• Future candidate for CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and/or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certification(s).
• Interest in obtaining MBA/Masters in Accounting
• Business experience with a public multi-national company and/or public accounting firm.
• Experience operating in an SAP environment and/or Salesforce.com apps.
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and experience in testing internal controls.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Human Resources
Req ID: JR-00002494