The Management Trainee’s role is to learn to manage all aspects of store operations, as instructed by the Outlet Store Manager, in order to maximize the sales and profit of their retail location through leadership, sales
management, talent management and execution of non-negotiable standards of operation, cost control, and asset protection.
The focus of the Management Trainee is to learn all aspects of the Store Manager role; to build and sustain a workenvironment staffed with engaged, high performing associates who create a thrilling consistent customer experience.
In addition to supervisory duties, the Management Trainee will perform regular store associate duties according to the needs of the business.
1. Report directly to the StoreManager
2. Extensive interaction with customers and storeteams
3. Interaction with District/Group Managers, Regional/Market Directors and VP of StoreOperations
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic Business Planning/Operations
a. Learn to evaluate all reports daily to create store action plans to drive key performance indicators (KPI’s) and advance results around talent, operations, merchandising, financial and customer aspects of the business.
b. Demonstrate operational agility based on the needs of the business and is able to develop clear objectives to meet company goals.
c. Set clear goals and expectations for associates and holds them accountable for their responsibilities and objectives.
d. Learn to develop daily, weekly and monthly action plans. Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, hold team accountable and follow up on all activities within the store in order to meet Company standards.
e. Become knowledgeable in current policy, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the stores within the district and the organization.
f. Personally model a positive customer experience, ensuring the customer always takes priority.
g. Establish a high level of shrink awareness to ensure all Bealls assets are protected.
h. Execution of all company specific programs, reports and processes, policies and procedures.
i. Perform any operational functions needed to run the store on a dailybasis.
j. Communicates effectively by being clear and concise in both oral and written communication in order to ensure effective operations.
k. Travel independently (as required) to the bank, meetings, new store openings and related activities.
l. Upholds a culture that builds exceptional internal and external customer experiences.
m. Holds self and team accountable to high performance standards in order to meet customer and company expectations
2. Talent Management Skills
a. Learn to recruit, network, hire and on board a diverse range of talented personnel
b. Supervise store associates and supervisors by assisting and observing the Store Manager with personnel related activities to include but not restricted to coaching, delegating, counseling and interviewing.
c. Actively assess associates to identify anytraining and development needs.
d. Training of all store personnel by using the materials provided by the Company.
e. Utilize Company provided tools to learn all aspects of payroll management and scheduling.
f. Develop, build and maintain ongoing, collaborative working relationships among peers.
BEALLS OUTLET BURKES OUTLET JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Management Trainee Non – Exempt: Supervisory
3. Merchandise Presentation
a. Ensure that all corporate Merchandising and Marketing programs to drive sales and profits are executed within store.
b. Gain knowledge of how to assess store layout and individual inventory levels to merchandise in the most effective manner while following company merchandise guidelines.
c. Assesses and escalates any inventory level discrepancies to Store Manager.
d. Become trained in the proper handling of merchandise functions within the store
4. Business Acumen
a. Become proficient in using all company provided reports to analyze and improved sales and KPIs within
b. Builds customer loyalty through coaching and motivating store team to solicit our One Card loyalty
program, One Card credit cardprogram and Email program.
c. Learn to build and execute strategies to increase sales in low performing divisions.
The Store Manager has ultimate responsibility for the store. After the initial training period, in the absence of the
Store Manager, the Management Trainee may be in charge of the store.
1. Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing, and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
2. Must be able to climb stairs to stockroom (if applicable) to replenish and maintain merchandise.
3. Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry at least 20 pounds.
4. Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e. bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching).
5. Must be able to reach a minimum of 60 inches to stock and maintain merchandise.
6. Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (e.g., vacuum, broom, mop and duster) to maintain store cleanliness.
7. Must be able to climb a 6 ft. ladder for maintaining and presenting merchandise (if applicable).
1. High School Diploma or equivalent is required; college degree preferred.
2. 1-3 yrs. of retail experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of company standard software, systems and procedures.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel to bank, stores, meetings, etc.
7. Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include mid shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
8. Relocate within company when required and possibly on short notice.