The Financial Analyst I will be responsible for complex financial analysis to identify risks and opportunities; provides periodic reports to management and makes recommendations about financial implications of proposed activities; may be responsible for one or more of the following: financial valuation of capital allocation alternatives such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital distributions, debt issuance, refinancing or repayments.
Also, responsible for developing cost of capital estimations, as well as the development and improvement of financial tools required to perform appropriate financial analysis.
The position typically reports to the Vice President.
• Comprehensive knowledge of financial analysis and asset valuation related to mergers, acquisitions, and development of new investments.
• Seasoned professional with advanced applied experience in one or more of the following: financial analysis, economic forecasting/modeling, and strong foundations of finance theory
• Highly skilled professional with wide-ranging technical experience to resolve complex issues
• May accomplish work through others and may manage a specific processes related to the financial analysis efforts
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
• May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
• Individual will work independently with limited oversight, receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals.
• Works on complex issues and projects.
• Uses discretion and independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors; independently selects methods, techniques, and analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
• Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
• Serves as project/technical lead on medium to large projects; regularly coordinates work of professionals and others outside of department.
• May also be responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or related
• Requires minimum of 1-3 years in area of specialization, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Master’s degree a plus.
• Must have a thorough understanding of energy industry, inputs required in financial analysis, and basic understanding of typical contractual terms in the energy industry.
Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment – if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.