Internal Audit provides a tremendous opportunity for team members to understand how Calpine works both operationally and financially. The scope of our efforts spans across all aspects of Calpine’s business, from governance and financial management through business operations and customer interaction. Internal Auditors can expect to participate on projects that cover a wide range of topics, in areas significant to the Company objectives, while interacting with all levels of management. We work closely with the business owners using our expertise to support Calpine in matters related to governance, risk management, and controls. This job will be based out of the Calpine Corporation Corporate Office (Houston, Texas). This position may require office or work from home hours.
- Meet with audit personnel to understand processes, related risks and whether adequate internal controls are in place;
- Execute detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, policies and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness;
- Prepare work papers which record and summarize audit procedures performed in accordance with standards;
- Assist in creating reports and presentations to various levels of management including the Board of Directors; and
- Duties could pertain to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 or other varied internal control requirements pertaining to company operations, government regulations, anti-fraud activities, IT controls, or administrative support to experienced auditors.
- This position requires completion of at least the Junior year of coursework for a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management of Information System, Computer Science or Engineering with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0;
- No work experience is required, but experience in bookkeeping, customer service, information systems or data analytics is beneficial;
- Priority will be given to candidates who have completed an audit class, data analytics or programming languages; and
- Preferred: currently enrolled in an Internal Audit program endorsed by the IIA.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Must be able to follow instructions precisely and be detail-oriented;
- Ability to work 40 hours per week;
- Self-motivated team player;
- Ability to travel with notice; and
- Reliable in meeting commitments, prompt in attending meetings and making deadlines.