Individual contributor leader of the highly complex end to end Supply Chain operational process improvement initiatives and the implementation of desired future state operating model. Will be responsible for implementing and maintaining an e-procurement program and other quality assurance programs.
Responsible for driving quality assurance through operational improvements within Calpine’s supply chain. Skilled in project management, cost accounting, e-business/e-procurement systems, performs deep level process redesign discussions between Supply Chain and supporting teams (e.g. Accounting, IT, Accounts Payable, etc). Develops process flows, documents critical process controls and develops detailed roadmaps for continuous improvement.
Understands regulatory compliance environment related to Power Generation Supply Chain challenges (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley, NERC CIP) Establishes metrics and coordinates with applicable teams to establish baseline metrics to monitor for health of supply chain operations and performance. Assist where needed with Supply Chain audits and assessments.
Provides direction and guidance to supply chain team members on process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates the ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders, stakeholders and customers. Researches, collects, and reports information related to supply chain improvements in the industry and beyond that would benefit Calpine.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a Director.
• In-depth or broad, extensive knowledge.
• Highly complex and skilled professional with wide-ranging, advanced technical experience to resolve complex issues.
• Competent to work at very high level in multiple knowledge areas or functions as an advanced contributor.
• Makes decisions on complex issues regarding project components and advanced tasks.
• Leads the researches for innovations from external sources, and identifies opportunities to develop new processes, tools, services and techniques within the function.
• Works on complex issues and projects.
• Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Independently selects methods, techniques, analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
• Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
• Serves as project/technical lead on medium to large projects; regularly coordinates work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
• Trains and mentors employees on technical skills.