A Senior Accountant on the Plant Accounting Team is a key team member focusing on the area of plant accounting including operating costs, maintenance and operating accruals and inventory. Responsibilities include applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare entries for general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions for assigned areas.
Additionally, the role requires analysis of financial information relating to assets, liabilities and capital balances. Will prepare balance sheets and profit & loss statements and other reports as needed and perform monthly and quarterly analysis. Required to work collaboratively within department and with cross functional teams as part of day to day activities.
Job Scope & Span of Control
• Solid, working accounting knowledge of US GAAP in relation to accounting for plant operating and related activities
• Creates accounting records and journal entries including general accounting and costing entries.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries for general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
• Performs specified tasks related to G/L and monthly close, reporting and reconciliations.
• Applies advanced skills contributing to knowledge areas within function.
• Experienced professional with understanding of job, company and industry practices.
Decision Making & Impact
• Able to make decisions regarding own work and makes recommendations regarding own function/discipline.
• Ability to complete analytical analysis of accounting balances and records to identify areas of focus and evaluation.
• Solves operational problems and associated technical issues.
• Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project tasks.
• Makes recommendations on new processes, tools and services.
• Works on problems of diverse scope with moderate complexity.
• Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth analysis of variable factors.
• Collaborates with senior professionals in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
Self-Management & Leadership
• Limited instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• Serves as project/technical lead on small to medium sized projects; may coordinate work of professionals within own department.
Comm. & Influence
• Information sharing – gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instruction and reporting results.
• Required to work collaboratively within department and with cross functional teams as part of day to day activities.
• Interact with various groups within and external to accounting.