This supervised position will allow for a Supply Chain Services student who is interested in a career in the power industry to apply and enhance their knowledge. This position will require the individual to work a normal day shift. This job will be based out of the Calpine Corporation Corporate Office (Houston, Texas). This position may require office or work from home hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
• Assist staff with presentations, assist with value reporting, compliance reporting, spend analytics, and base lining as assigned.
• Documentation and data management.
• Assist in the documentation of sourcing, contracts, and purchasing projects, supplier performance, and other requirements as assigned.
• Assist in the monitoring of supply markets and conduct market intelligence.
• Collaborates with supply chain personnel to assess emerging opportunities and new market developments.
• Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
• Other tasks as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
• This position requires completion of at least the sophomore year of coursework for a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university.
• Pursuing BS/BA with a major in Supply Chain Services.
• Minimum GPA 3.0. GPA of 3.25 or higher, preferred.
• Prefer junior or senior standing, whose graduation date is more than a year away.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States now and in the future.
• Full-time or part-time position
• Excellent oral, written and communication/presentation skills
• Has strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
• Collaborates well with cross-functional group.
• Good organization skills and attention to details are essential
Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment – if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.