This supervised position will allow for a Supply Chain Services student who is interested in a career in the power industry to apply and enhance their knowledge. This position will require the individual to work a normal day shift. This job will be based out of the Calpine Corporation Corporate Office (Houston, Texas). This position may require office or work from home hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Assist staff with presentations, assist with value reporting, compliance reporting, spend analytics, and base lining as assigned.
- Documentation and data management.
- Assist in the documentation of sourcing, contracts, and purchasing projects, supplier performance, and other requirements as assigned.
- Assist in the monitoring of supply markets and conduct market intelligence.
- Collaborates with supply chain personnel to assess emerging opportunities and new market developments.
- Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- This position requires completion of at least the sophomore year of coursework for a Bachelor’s degree
- Pursuing BS/BA with a major in Supply Chain Services.
- Prefer GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Prefer junior or senior standing, whose graduation date is more than a year away.
- Full-time or part-time position
- Excellent oral, written and communication/presentation skills
- Has strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Collaborates well with cross-functional groups