The MBA Summer Internship Program allows students to work within a fast-paced and challenging environment. MBA interns contribute to meaningful, business-essential projects while interacting and working side by side with industry experts. The program targets full-time MBA students between their first and second year, and acts as a pipeline for full-time employment opportunities. As an intern, students will have the opportunity to participate in a formalized program, designed to increase knowledge of Cardinal Health and the healthcare industry, as well as develop essential leadership skills
Location – Dublin, Ohi o
Start Date – May/June 202 2
Hours – Approximately 40-50 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks
*Assistance with temporary housing is provided for students not local to the internship location.
Why Choose the Cardinal Health MBA Summer Internship Program?
Experience: Interns work with Cardinal Health professionals, business partners, customers, and vendors on impactful projects in addition to daily work. To enhance leadership skills, each intern also participates on a group project for a local non-profit. At the end of the summer, each intern will showcase their work in a presentation to business leaders.
Networking: Interns learn from key business leaders through the "Executive Speaker Series". They also have the opportunity to network with other professionals through formal and informal networking events.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Maintaining and fostering a diverse, inclusive work environment is essential to Cardinal Health. We realize that diversity is more than gender and ethnicity, it is what’s different and unique about each of us, and how our differences shape our workplace. We strive to ensure that every employee feels welcomed, supported, and valued as a vital part of our organization. As an intern, you will have access to our 7 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Our ERGs provide employees a place to share interests, passions, and ideas that help us engage more effectively with our global customers and workforce.
Development: Interns participate in a formal one-on-one mentoring program with alumni from the internship program and with senior leadership to enhance their business acumen.
Camaraderie: The internship program offers social, teambuilding, and community service events, as well as tours to help interns build a solid network of peers.
As an MBA Marketing Intern , you could potentially support the organization in several of the following ways:
- Support the product and services marketing team, digital marketing team, or other groups, as needed by the business
- Uses subject matter/functional expertise, influence and process skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and meet their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity implications
- Evaluates alternative solutions/decisions in light of the potential impact on the internal/external customer and Cardinal Health; understands the resource implications of solutions and makes recommendations
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business.
- Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends.
- Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market.
- Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
Accountabilities in this role:
- Applies knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Must be willing to work independently and make sound decisions expeditiously that can have an impact.
- Strong quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to prioritize requests effectively and understand importance and meet deadlines
- Must be willing to adapt to shifting requirements or priorities
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope that may have significant and long-term impact
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
Cardinal Health recruits current, full-time students who are in the first year of their MBA program and have a combination of the following requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree required
Progression toward an MBA in Marketing or related field preferred
Previous marketing experience preferred, but not required
Leadership, communication, and analytical skills
Established work ethic and ambition
Participation in community service and/or extracurricular activities
Process and results orientation
Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States with no requirement for future sponsorship
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.