ABOUT CARE 2 COMMUNITIES (C2C):
Haiti is the Western Hemisphere’s poorest nation, suffering from a chronic cycle of economic, social, and governance crises. Haiti’s infant and maternal mortality rates remain stubbornly high and life expectancy is the lowest in Latin America and the Caribbean. In a country where 1 in 14 children will die before the age of 5 and access to healthcare is extremely challenging, innovative solutions are urgently needed.
Care 2 Communities (C2C) has created a scalable model for sustainable, high-quality, community-based primary healthcare in Haiti. Our care model meets the health needs of poor and low-income families, delivering high-quality, low-cost primary care, maternal health, and malnutrition services. C2C’s first community clinic opened in 2013 and we currently operate a network of 7 clinics (with plans for significant expansion), which serves over 50,000 people every year.
C2C’s network of clinics, through a public private partnership (PPP) with the Haitian Ministry of Health, offers care at efficient ‘one-stop-shop’ facilities (pharmaceuticals, lab tests, and doctor/nurse consultations all in one place). We believe that community clinics can and should be efficient,responsive, and cost-effective. C2C clinics employ local clinicians and are maintained by local supply chains. While philanthropy covers initial start-up costs of new clinics, affordable patient fees help cover clinic costs moving forward. Each C2C clinic is staffed by a team of talented Haitian physicians, nurses, lab techs, and health workers; we have over 90 staff members in Haiti delivering care at clinic sites and health education and social support at the community level. www.care2communities.org
The Development & Social Media Intern reports to the Operations and Communications Manager, and is responsible for assisting them in implementing C2C’s overall social media plan. This position focuses specifically on digital communications to build engagement, awareness, and partnership with C2C, while also promoting C2C’s overall marketing and communications plan.
This position’s work location is fully remote.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with the Development Coordinator to establish a concrete social media strategy for C2C
• Assist in the creation of social media content to be approved by the Operations and Communications Manager and/or Development Coordinator
• Assist with the management of social media messaging through C2C’s social media platforms
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, blog, newsletter) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
• Create and maintain reports to track sponsored social media growth, engagement, and overall success of the social media plan
• Create and share toolkits with partners to promote reciprocation through their social media platforms
• Research emerging social media, specifically in relation to nonprofits and sponsorships
• Work with Development Coordinator to research potential institutional funders that would be a good fit for C2C
• Update foundation profiles in Salesforce with most up-to-date information i.e. trustees, staff
• Monitor sites such as Global Innovation Exchange to identify RFPs for which C2C could submit a proposal
• Ability to take initiative, show good judgement, and manage projects from beginning to end
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to anticipate next steps or needs
• Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
• Current enrollment or degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
• Available for 15-20 hours a week
• Resume building experience in marketing & communications and development, project management, and other aspects of community relations and the international development, as well as public and global health industries
• Course credit (if applicable)
On a rolling basis (semester-based)
Email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Development & Social Media Intern in the subject line. Please also provide relevant examples of social media work.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants selected for interviews will be duly notified. Please no inquiries or phone calls.
C2C is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.