Castleton Commodities International is an independent global commodities merchant. As a trader, CCI deploys capital on a proprietary basis in the physical and financial commodity markets, providing the Company with market insights and access. As a strategic investor and developer, CCI leverages its market expertise, operations capabilities, and industry knowledge to invest in, and develop, select commodity infrastructure assets. CCI focuses its activities on the markets it understands best, while constantly striving to expand its knowledge base and network of relationships in order to participate in new markets.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, CCI conducts business from offices located around the world including Calgary, Canada; Houston, Texas; New York, New York; Geneva, Switzerland; London, United Kingdom; Montevideo, Uruguay; Singapore, and Shanghai, China. The Company has more than 600 employees across four continents.
The core objective of the program is to identify and develop the next generation of leaders across Merchant Operations, Finance, or potentially within CCI’s commercial businesses. Throughout the program, participants will have regular interaction with the leaders of our Merchant Operations and Finance groups as well as our commercial businesses to gain an understanding of our approach to various opportunities across global markets.
This is a ten-week internship rotational program where you will do two five-week rotations in groups such as: physical operations, settlements, financial planning & analysis, corporate accounting, treasury, credit, tax, enterprise improvement, and product control as well as work on special projects around strategic initiatives and strategy for the organization. Training will be provided in order to provide a well-rounded understanding of the industry as well as technical skills.
- Pursuing Bachelors in Business, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Physics or a related field of study
- Expected graduation date of Winter 2022 or Spring 2023
- Excellent analytical and technical skills in Excel, VBA is a plus
- Database management experience is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Desire to make a difference and ability to be forward thinking
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work as an effective team player and add value to team
- Prior internship/exposure to the commodities markets, or experience with other financial institutions and consulting is preferred
This program will be based out of Stamford, Connecticut and Houston, Texas.