Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As a Pricing Strategist, you will partner with Caterpillar product development and financial teams to guide pricing decisions to align with overall product and company goals. A typical day might include:
- Developing a pricing strategy for new and existing products
- Evaluating price structures and value realization
- Acting as a thought partner to key stakeholders for new product launches
- Evaluating our pricing versus the competition to generate recommendations on price changes to maximize revenue
- Utilizing analytics tools to draw insights and identify potential opportunities to maximize sales and increase profitability
- Working with industry managers to implement future price changes
Limited travel required (5% of working time).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, marketing, or related fields
- 3 or more years of experience in pricing, finance, management consulting, data analytics
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Outstanding problem solving and analysis skills, combined with solid business judgement and ability to organize, build and present business cases
- Experience working strategic initiatives and the ability to work cross-functionally across product marketing, accounting and product development teams
- Demonstrated focus on quality and customer needs
- Soft skills to work through sensitive business problems and change management
- Base knowledge of various Caterpillar products, product applications, merchandising programs and business systems is a plus
This position would ideally be located in Dallas, TX or Mossville, IL; however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
“IL – Country of United States” is used for posting purposes only.
For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.