Learn various job functions within the Managed Care industry and explore various career opportunities
Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
Learn about various processes and functions within the Managed Care industry and develop professionally by contributing to projects that support the business.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university or college, preferably in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period.
Our HCD/Experience Team tackles complex problems and pushes the envelope of possibilities. Our Experience Team exemplifies amazing designs, web experiences, mobile experiences, Storyboards, and Innovative ideas. We help our end-users move at warp speed and we are hiring for a UX Production Designer Intern to help support our growing team. If that sounds like an exciting challenge to you, then read on!
As a part of this internship, you’ll be learning:
- Best practices in UX Design and implementation
- Sharpening your eye for functional usability
- How to create an Interview strategy
- How to interview End-User
- Learning valuable concepts and trends within UX/UI.
- Working and collaborating with our Triad (Product, Engineering, and HCD)
- Creating compelling Stories and getting the story “right” in the beginning
- Collaborating and learning from an amazing Team of Experience Professionals.
- How to color and create “…outside of the lines.”
- How to hear, listen, and understand End-Users
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn, experience, and grow in a fun, friendly, and high energy environment
- Work with the latest technologies to design web and mobile applications
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Product and Engineering teams
- Gain experience working within Scrum and other Agile methodologies
- Analyze, evaluate, and troubleshoot UX issues
- Help create and support projects through the software development life-cycle (Agile)
- Learn about amazing technologies in Health Care
And work with:
- Software Engineers
- Web Developers
- Project Managers
- UI/UX Designers
- Graphic Artists
- …and End-Users – lots of End-Users!
- Practical knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch, Abstract, InVision, or other UX-design applications
- Proficiency in UX/UI design, Interviewing,
- Desire to gain experience designing functional, intuitive digital media experiences (web, mobile, apps, etc.) using human-centered design (HCD) practices
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and the ability to be a self-starter
- Attention to detail and follow-through on completion of tasks
- A passion for high quality user experience
- Enrolled or completed a Design, Graphic Design, or Research related degree program
WHAT CENTENE OFFERS
- Lots of Sharpies, Sticky Notes, Paper, and Colored Markers
- An incredible leadership team that cares about your development
- Fun, smart, diverse colleagues
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.