Learn various job functions within the Managed Care industry and explore various career opportunities
Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
Communicate project status and results to staff mentors and management
Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
Learn about various processes and functions within the Managed Care industry and develop professionally by contributing to projects that support the business.
Bachelor’s degree. Must be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited university or college in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period.
Disruptive Design, Extraordinary Experience, Incredible Insights? Have passion to help the under-served and the underrepresented & intellectual curiosity for how a user interacts with Centene’s digital channels? The Digital Technologies Cross Channel Experience Design (CCXD) Team is looking for a UX Interns who can help us understand what our users need, want, and expect from our systems, processes, and tools! The CCXD Team exists to create elegant user experiences through data-driven research, user-centered design, and sustainable technology. You would have an opportunity to learn and play a role in all the different activities that influence the designs of our member, provider, broker, contact center, caseworker, and health plan tools and processes. Collaborating with a team of Researchers, Designers, Developers, Engineers, and firm-wide stakeholders, as well as internal and external research participants, you will be able to experience a variety of projects at different stages of development. We are looking for a UX Intern to support our team of dynamic and talented individuals. Is that person you?
As a part of this internship, you’ll be learning:
- Best practices in UX design and implementation
- Sharpening your eye for functional usability
- How to hear, listen, and understand our users
- Creating compelling stories and getting the story “right” in the beginning
- How analytics support research, design, and stakeholder goals
- Knowledge and skills in creating accessible designs
- Collaborating and learning from an amazing team of Experience Professionals
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn, experience, and grow in a fun, friendly, and high energy environment
- Work with the latest technologies to design, research, and collect data from web and mobile applications
- Conduct in-person and moderated user research
- Learn non-traditional research and UX methods
- Experience different aspects of UX such as Research, Design, Analytics, Accessibility, and Conversational Orchestration
- Learn the Design Once, Deploy Many methodology for Channelless Digital Experiences
- Gain experience working within Scrum and other Agile methodologies
- Analyze, evaluate, and troubleshoot UX issues
- Help create and support projects through the software development life-cycle (Agile)
- Learn about amazing technologies in HealthCare
- Practical knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, Abstract, InVision, or other UX-design applications
- Understanding of and interest in user research methodologies such as interviews, usability tests, surveys, etc.
- Desire to gain experience designing functional, intuitive digital media experiences (web, mobile, apps, etc.) using human-centered design (HCD) practices
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and the ability to be a self-starter
- Attention to detail and follow-through on completion of tasks
- A passion for high-quality user experience
- Enrolled or completed a Design, Graphic Design, or Research related degree program
What Centene Offers
- An incredible leadership team that cares about your development
- Virtual Happy Hours and Networking
- Lots of Miro Boards
- Lots of Mentors with backgrounds in lots of industries
- Fun, smart, diverse colleagues
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.