The Communications Intern is a paid position that provides an opportunity to gain significant hands-on experience in supporting the following communications efforts: writing blogs and articles, evaluating the effectiveness of communications efforts—including social media monitoring and application, tracking and engaging with traditional media, and providing administrative support. Gain unique insight into the strategic communications planning necessary at a women’s rights organization to effect positive change in the health and lives of women and girls worldwide.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Communications Manager with daily execution of communications plan,
- Writing articles and blogs
- Tracking media, creating press lists, and conducting outreach to traditional media and bloggers when necessary.
- Tracking, monitoring, evaluating social media activity, and providing input on social media strategy.
- Drafting social media content for posting on CHANGE channels.
- Creating compelling graphics optimized for social media.
- Maintaining email and press list databases.
- Assisting with drafting and copyediting CHANGE publications and reports.
- Supporting web site modifications, enhancements, and content updates.
- Supporting the planning and execution of events and demonstrations.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Pursuing or possessing a BA or BS.
Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Strong critical thinking and analysis abilities.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Background or demonstrated interest in women’s rights, reproductive and sexual
health and rights, human rights and/or journalism.
Ability to multitask and organize various projects.
Excellent proofreading skills.
Cultural competency and commitment to social justice.
A strong commitment to the organization’s mission and to high-level performance are essential.
Familiarity with CRMs (specifically Every Action), Meltwater, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft
Publisher, HTML, Canvas, video editing tools.