CHC: Creating Healthier Communities supports communities in taking action and bringing people together to improve opportunities for achieving better health and well-being. We work with companies, organizations, nonprofit partners, and community-focused organizations to raise awareness and financial resources for health and wellbeing through workplace giving campaigns, grants, cause marketing, employee engagement, events, strategic corporate partnerships and more.
The IT Intern position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. The ideal candidate seeks opportunities to collaborate with others, enjoys working in a fast-paced result-orientated environment, appreciates and encourages input from others, and will possess a desire to make a meaningful difference by helping to build stronger, healthier communities and improve lives.
- Assist with security compliance and general IT operations.
- Assist with organization automation and AI projects.
- Assist with SharePoint, Office365 Groups, Shared Mailboxes and Teams Governance.
- Develop SharePoint Lists, Forms, and PowerApps.
- Support system backups and business continuity plans.
- Control server room inventory.
- Provide high-quality and timely support to internal users.
- Remain current on industry best practices, technology advanced and security methodology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE WORK
- Experience with Dynamics CRM desired, but not necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products desired.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong focus on security.
- Detail oriented.
- (2) years of collegiate study in a computer science-based major.
- Desire for nonprofit sector experience.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
This position is partially remote. A minimum of one day a week in the Alexandria, VA office is required.
Position requires the individual to sit or stand as needed and may include lifting boxes up to 30 lbs.
Organizational core values: impact, innovation, integrity, team, inclusion.
It is the policy of CHC: Creating Healthier communities to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions. CHC is a forward-thinking organization and promotes from within.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.