Development, Marketing & Communications Intern
December 2020 – June 2021
The Chesapeake Bay Trust, a non-profit grant-making organization that promotes public participation in the restoration of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, seeks a communications, marketing, and development intern for the 2020-2021 school year for approximately 8-10 hours per week. This position will play an important role in assisting with the Trust’s communications needs.
The intern will assist with marketing projects, data entry, web content creation, email list management, social media, blog posts, and events. The intern position will work remotely and, in some, cases in-person with appropriate social distancing and face mask use.
- Reports to the Trust’s Director of Development and Marketing and Communications Manager. The intern will also work closely with the rest of staff to assure the organization’s mission, programs, and grants are properly communicated and promoted to the public.
- Assists with updating and maintaining the Trust’s main website and social media accounts as well as edits the Trust’s two e-newsletters and regular e-blasts.
- Creates and publishes blogs relating to grantee work, Trust initiatives, and general environmental interest.
- Assists with media outreach and events, including public relations efforts and on-site logistics, as well as tracks media coverage.
- Assists with the Trust’s major events throughout the year, including marketing, attendee tracking, and day of on-site logistics.
- Assists with photographing and sourcing photography from partner and grantee events, projects, and mission related images.
Skills and Qualifications
- Attention to detail is critical; the right candidate must be an exceptionally thorough proofreader and editor.
- Experience with new media technologies, such as blogs and online social media required, Experience with web and email communications tools helpful.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field is preferred. Alternatively, students majoring in other fields must have significant experience in communications or marketing.
- Knowledge of environment, sustainability, and community engagement issues desired.
- Strong writing, graphic design, and/or web content production and management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with deadlines is required.
- Strong computer literacy is essential: Adobe Premiere and Spark, MS Office; Access (or similar database); Adobe (Photoshop); familiarity with content management systems a plus.
- Some travel required (statewide), with some evening and weekend hours required.
- Willingness to commit to 8-10 hours weekly for the 2020-2021 school year (can be one day or broken into days) required.
Compensation: $11.00 per hour, 8-10 hours per week (days and hours subject to event needs and applicant’s course load.)
Term: December 2020 through June 2021
To Apply, please submit: Cover letter and Resume to Sarah Higgins, email@example.com. please type “Development, Marketing, and Communications Intern” in the email subject line. Applications will begin to be reviewed upon receipt. The position will remain open until filled.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.