Position Summary: The entry level Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include maintain accuracy of financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be responding to information request as needed by management.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Preparing financial reports, maintaining accounting records, and general accounting/finance duties as assigned
- Preparing journal entries, account/balance sheet reconciliations, and assisting with monthly close processes
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Respond to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Assisting with other accounting related duties
- Proficient with standard software such as Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Maintain proper and professional etiquette and appearance.
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly in fast-paced high work volume
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and producers
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees
- Flexibility to help assist with new task and office change
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi- task and prioritize work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- No experience needed, but relevant experience is a plus
Benefits: Chesmar Homes offers competitive benefits including healthcare coverage, 401k contributions, four weeks paid vacation, paid holidays, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan and more. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.