Chevron believes the future of energy is lower carbon. And we know that affordable, reliable, ever-cleaner energy is essential to achieving a more prosperous and sustainable world. For Chevron, reducing the carbon intensity of oil and gas represents a tremendous opportunity to advance the global net zero ambitions of the Paris Agreement and build a lower-carbon economy.
Technology will play a crucial role in achieving this goal, and Chevron is seeking professionals with a desire to thrive in a cutting-edge digital, global environment to securely advance the global energy transition. We differentiate ourselves through the application of technology, taking an approach that includes in-house expertise, proprietary solutions, and strategic partnerships.
Investing in people is a key component of our company – you’ll be supported by mentoring programs and employee networks to excel your professional development. Rewards include competitive pay, cash incentives, flexible benefit programs and flexible work schedules – every other Friday off and remote work where approved.
- Cloud Engineer
- Houston, TX
- San Ramon, CA
- We are looking for motivated individuals to join our IT Engineering team as a Cloud Engineer where you will develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks and ensuring the reliability and security of the cloud infrastructure.
- You will have an opportunity to work in several specialty fields with information technology to include Infrastructure, Applications, Cloud Computing (including OS & Application modernization), DevOps, platform migration, and server consolidation.
- To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our digital platforms and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. You understand the nuances of different cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem) and implications for solution design. The Cloud Engineer will apply excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and must be a team player.
- Participate in Azure Cloud/Digital Related Business Requirement discussions and design sessions
- Perform Azure cloud development and design work that may include logical system design, cloud architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering
- Implement and automate Azure services thru DevOps Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices
- Maintain and troubleshoot Azure environments and services
- Design and implement application security for Azure cloud native solutions
- Collaborating with software engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing systems.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
Required education / degrees
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Management Information Systems
- Must be currently enrolled in a four-year college or university and classified as a senior or graduate student with anticipation of receiving a bachelor’s or master’s degree by July 2022 OR college graduates with less than two years’ experience since receiving their degrees.
- Must provide a current, unofficial transcript with online resume (as proof of good academic standing) when applying for this position to be considered.
Required qualifications / certifications
- Platforms: Ansible, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Active Directory
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Ubuntu
- Software: Azure DevOps, Visual Studio .NET, Microsoft Office Suite, Office365
- Process: Agile / SAFe methodology
- Related Microsoft certification(s); other related vendor or IT certifications
Preferred skills / competencies
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time limited visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.