You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you’re ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Whether you are looking to work in research and development, engineering or a business function, we offer you the chance to hit the ground running from day one. We give you the freedom to design your own career path and provide you with the tools and training you need to develop to your full potential.
You have your degree. Now you want to build your skills as you apply what you have learned in the classroom. Our Graduate Rotation and Development Program (GRAD) is a challenging two-year development opportunity designed to help you obtain valuable company knowledge, hands-on experience and expertise in your chosen discipline.
We are hiring innovative and motivated professionals to join our Graduate Rotation and Development program (GRAD) for the upcoming year. If you thrive on problem solving, project management and teamwork in a diverse workplace, the Chevron Phillips GRAD program is the right opportunity for you!
A Sales/Commercial Trainee will learn to:
- Apply knowledge of specific CPChem product line offerings to meet customer needs
- Apply knowledge of key business concepts gained through completing commercially related projects to a sales/commercial assignment
- Manage customer relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Serve as liaison between customer and business providing support as needed
- Solicit and negotiate for customer orders
- Generate customer forecasts and enter customer prices into pricing system
- Gather market data and intelligence for specific product lines
- Share intelligence and information throughout the product line and company as appropriate
- Develop new business opportunities in accordance with the business plan
- Develop and meet sales objectives which include annual budgets
- Manage sales expenses for territory
- 18 years of age or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
- Possess a degree in Engineering, Business, or related field or currently enrolled in the final year of your Engineering, Business, or related field degree program
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and have a demonstrated record of effective communication and teamwork
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time
- Must be willing to relocate within first 3 years of joining CPChem
- Posses an MBA
- Possess internship or equivalent experience in a related Sales job or in the chemical industry
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.