Chiefs for Change (CFC) is a nonprofit, bipartisan network of diverse state and district education chiefs dedicated to preparing all students for today’s world and tomorrow’s. We advocate for the policies and practices working for students, facilitate a robust system of peer-to-peer advising among our members, and sustain a pipeline of the next generation of Chiefs. We are a small, entrepreneurial team with a tremendous passion for making tomorrow’s generation better than today’s. With more than two dozen members, our work is focused on advocacy, leadership development, and member supports.
We are positioned to rapidly spread bold policies and practices due to CFC’s unique position in the field:
- National reach: Our members lead education systems with more than 7 million students, 435,000 teachers, and 14,000 schools
- Diverse contexts: Our network is diverse in terms of race, gender, political affiliation, and geography
- A model for disseminating promising ideas: We work with our members, excellent technical assistance providers, and top-tier research institutions to scale innovative approaches designed to improve student learning
To learn more about Chiefs for Change, please visit chiefsforchange.org.
Chiefs for Change (CFC) is seeking someone with a knack for details, the ability to see a project through from conception to delivery, and a passion for education. Reporting to the Director of Membership and Future Chiefs, the intern will work with the Membership and Future Chiefs team to create, plan, and execute systems that support our future chief and membership base including vetting candidates, updating information, researching student outcomes, and providing logistical support for in-person and virtual convenings. The intern will work closely with program staff throughout the organization to maintain our client database and coordinate the collection, entry, storage, analysis, and reporting of information used to measure outcomes, formulate organizational dashboards and reports.
The role requires an individual who cares deeply about educational equity, the mission of Chiefs for Change, and the work of our members. The ideal candidate will have a passion for research and analysis, evidence of strong organizational skills, and an appetite for learning. This role is a remote position.
- Manage and update the CFC Future Chief and Membership lists
- Conduct and source research of state and district leadership and outcomes
- Complete other research and special projects as assigned
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Provide project support as time and expertise allow
- Candidates must be either graduate-level students or recent graduates within one to three years of completing their degrees. A degree can be substituted with an equivalent two to four years of work experience. Other requirements include:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Sense of humor, strong work ethic, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e. Gmail, calendar, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Proficient at PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Preferred: Experience managing and updating Salesforce