Why you’ll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees’ groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers’ changing business requirements in the digital economy.
What You’ll Do
The vision of the Public Sector organization is to help Governments protect, serve, and educate citizens at the National, State, and Local level. Our organization serves the State/Local Government and Education. You will work with an incredible team of Public Sector Account Managers and partner with a talented group of Systems Engineers, who share the same passion. You’ll play a pivotal role in the sales process and position a large portfolio of technology products and services. You’ll help advance Public Sector Sales and make our customers lives better and easier by effectively selling across all levels sand you will deliver large strategic wins using a go to market sales model driving business relevant/customer value selling and exceeding goals.
- You will drive sales achievement focusing on account and resource planning and allocation to drive sales attainment numbers.
- You will accurately forecast your monthly, quarterly and annual revenue streams; driving growth.
- Financial Acumen & Performance – Analyzing your customer’s financials to understand their needs. Assessing consumption models needs per customer. Driving business planning and goal attainment.
Who You’ll Work With
One Winning Team Engagement – Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with cross-functional teams (Services, Customer Value Acceleration team, Capital, Partners, etc.) and strategically engaging cross functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers. Customer Relationships and Leading Innovation – Building strong customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently. Building Winning Capability within Cisco – Focusing on collaboration and contributing to the long term success of US Public Sector and Cisco through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You Are
You are self-starter with that will build executive relationships, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, create demand and close deals. You’ve successfully worked with complex technical solutions including calling on key decision makers and all other technical and business influencers. You have the ability to negotiate solutions and resolve issues with peers, partners and customers employing a Win/Win philosophy. Previous experience working with Product Engineering Teams in creating integrated solutions that address complex problems with a focus on the Cisco value proposition. You have keen ability to position turnkey solutions and articulate primary vendor strategies to senior customer Executives. You will have validated experience in processes for successful account management including forecasting, quota over achievement, sales presentations, short term, mid-term and long term opportunity management.
- You have experience in building executive relationships with multiple named accounts while providing insight and strategy around how Services-Led customers go-to-market; mapping our solutions to our client’s customers.
- You have demonstrate ability to sell within traditional IT hierarchy as well as non-IT business units – particularly around how Cisco can enable our customer’s service delivery.
- You develop and execute annual plan for named account in line with company strategy.
- Business forecasting (monthly forecast, weekly commit, and pipeline development) required.
- You are able to engage and lead cross-functional/virtual resources as part of extended team. Excellent presentation skills required.
- You have confirmed negotiation skills, be a self-starter, and a strong closer. Understanding of large business organizations and their buying cycles is preferred.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Your experience selling in areas such as data center, networking, and/or unified collaboration.
- You’re an excellent communicator with expertise in building/leading large sales teams
- You are a Self-starter, respectful negotiator and strong closer
- You have a BA degree (MBA preferred) or 2+ years account management experience
- Forward-thinking presentation skills
At Cisco, each person brings their own talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco #AccountManager #CiscoSales #PublicSector #ProtectServeEducate
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.