The Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund (CFE Fund) supports municipal efforts to improve the financial stability of households by leveraging opportunities unique to local government. By translating cutting edge experience with large scale programs, research, and policy in cities of all sizes, the CFE Fund assists mayors and other local leaders in over 100 cities across the country to identify, develop, fund, implement, and research pilots and programs that help families build assets and make the most of their financial resources.
The communications intern will work with the CFE Fund’s communications and Summer Jobs Connect teams to support a number of efforts, including content creation, contest management and social media for the annual Summer Jobs Connect social media campaign. The Summer Jobs Connect (SJC) program supports 22 city governments and their local Summer Youth Employment Program partners in providing job positions to local youth with low incomes, while connecting them to appropriate bank and credit union products and meaningful financial education. The SJC social media campaign aims to engage youth with financial education content and provide youth a platform to share their summer job experiences.
Potential responsibilities include:
- Support the facilitation of a national social media campaign, including content creation and correspondence with participants and prize winners (platforms include Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, and email);
- Support staff in other communications activities, including contact management, research, graphic design, and content creation; and
- Other duties as needed.
Candidates should be prepared to devote 15-20 hours per week to the position from June 14th to August 20th, 2021. The CFE Fund is currently working remotely due to COVID-19 public health guidance; this position will be remote.
- Background in social media content management, graphic design preferred
- Interest in social services, poverty alleviation, asset building, financial empowerment and/or municipal governance.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Interest in communications management and operational organization
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Self-motivated and team player
Please send a resume and cover letter via email describing relevant skills and comparable projects conducted in either work or academic settings, with subject line “CFE Fund Communications Internship,” to firstname.lastname@example.org.