The Communications Department is quickly growing with this dynamic organization. The role of the communications intern is to support the Communications team in day-to-day tasks in the press shop, from special projects to graphics to digital communications. The ideal candidate will be interested in legal system reform and a self-starter who is a team player. The candidate should also demonstrate a desire for a career in communications, through coursework, volunteerism, and/or other internship experiences. Due to the current public health emergency this will be a remote opportunity.
· Monitoring and tracking media coverage of CRC’s core issues, including mentions of Civil Rights Corps cases and staff
· Research to assist with creating fact sheets, talking points, and other communications products
· Draft content for social media and newsletters
· Draft press releases and advisories
· Manage and update press lists
· Create original graphics and video content; and
· Assist with general office duties as needed.
· Must be a strong writer
· Possess acute attention to detail and be organized
· Demonstrated commitment to the mission, purpose, and values of CRC
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and keep track of deadlines
· Have a thorough understanding of social media platforms
· Exhibit resourcefulness and the ability to work quickly and efficiently
· Basic graphic design skills and/or experience with producing videos is a plus