TITLE: Sales Engineer
CLIENT: Manufacturing | Distribution
LOCATION: North Houston
SALARY: Base & Commission- Commensurate with Experience
A growing master distributor for precision components is seeking a Sales Engineer to engage with existing and potential customers and provide technical support including customer product design, product recommendations, bearing calculations, and failure analysis. This role will include sales responsibilities such as quoting, order processing, and building relationships with existing and new customers.
Our client’s mission is to be a full-cycle resource for customers through speed, agility, and expert-level support. They are committed to building long-term business relationships and on-site engineers see projects all the way through from initial concept to prototype to production. They have a robust onboarding and training process to familiarize their sales team with many aspects of the business to optimize the level of customer service they provide.
The sales engineer will be given a portfolio of commissionable existing accounts to maintain and grow, as well as a target list of potential new customers to prospect.
• Target, initiate contact, and grow new OEM sales accounts
• Prospect new customers, respond to inquiries, outbound calls, etc.
• Grow personal OEM customers and other customer sales year over year.
• Provide support for technical calls on bearings, clutches, and seals.
• Maintain and improve engineering package documentation.
• Support clients through full engineering process and product life cycle to bring new products/designs to market.
• Work with engineers, purchasers, sales, managers, etc. at customer accounts to proliferate existing and new business.
• Create and enhance technical sales documentation for website and marketing purposes.
• Maintain and grow knowledge within the spindle, bearing, clutch, and non-contact seal fields to include trends, manufacturing techniques, and new technology.
• Travel to old and new accounts where applicable – domestic USA
• Travel to industry shows to see existing accounts, market trends, and search out new sales leads – domestic USA
• 5+ years engineering and/or technical sales experience
• Must have excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Specific experience in the machine tool industry, rotating technologies, or manufacturing engineering may be a plus, but is not a requirement.
• Self-motivation, self-supervision and time/project management skills a must.
• Proficient with MS Office
• Microsoft Dynamic Suite preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
ADDITIONAL “PERKS” TO CONSIDER:
This opportunity offers full benefits, competitive salary, bonus structure, financial advisors offered for investment services and a friendly work environment.
Clearpoint is the staffing partner of choice for Houston’s top employers. Because of our successful track record, more than two decades of experience in the Houston market, and extensive network of amazing talent, our client companies trust us to fill their technology, creative, marketing, and professional positions with talented professionals.