Clio is a New York City-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to strengthening older adults’ connections to their communities and improving their health and wellbeing. We provide three key services: pairing older New Yorkers with volunteers from around the country for weekly phone calls, biweekly letters, and occasional care packages; matching older adults with peers for mutual aid; and providing service navigation and resource guides for those in need. Founded during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are a small, nimble organization that values community, equity and flexibility. Learn more about us at clioconnect.org.
Clio is looking for an intern to enhance our organization’s presence on social media and support other communications development activities. This internship is an ideal fit for an undergraduate or graduate student who is seeking experience in non-profit communications & fundraising and has a strong interest in Clio’s mission. The communications intern will report directly to our Outreach & Development Lead.
The development intern will receive a stipend of $1000 for the 3-month period of this internship. Based on performance and fit, this contract can be renewed for a second 3-month period.
● Create and post social media content to Clio’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts under supervision of the Outreach and Development Lead
● Monitor direct messages to social media accounts and relay to Clio staff as needed
● Track social media metrics and prepare monthly reports documenting engagement and strategies that work
● Research and test best practices for nonprofit social media accounts
● Prepare and send monthly emails to donors and partnership organizations under supervision of the Outreach and Development Lead
● Collaborate with the team in the planning of engagement, advocacy, and fundraising events
● Assisting the Outreach and Development Lead in the drafting of grant proposals
● Update and maintain the Clio website
● Draft posts for the Clio’s blog
● Update Clio marketing materials, including flyers and PowerPoint presentations
● Other tasks as assigned
● A passion for serving older adults
● Excellent writing, editing, research and communication skills
● High-level creativity and the confidence to use it
● Strong interest in nonprofit management, fundraising, marketing, and/or communications
● Experience creating content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to raise brand awareness and engagement
● Ability and willingness to
● Experience or ability to quickly learn social media management tools like Hootsuite, design programs like Canva, and Squarespace
● Willingness to occasionally attend meetings outside of traditional work hours
● Ability to work both cooperatively with Clio team and independently, with strong project management skills and attention to detail
● Fluency or proficiency in Spanish strongly desired