Are you social media savvy and passionate about improving public education? Are you interested in using your digital marketing skills to promote more equitable and caring schools for all students? Then we’re looking for you! The Collaborative for Social, Emotional, Academic Learning (CASEL) is looking for a summer intern to join the communications team. This is a part-time, paid position starting in June 2021.
Social and emotional learning (SEL) has become a frequent topic across national and local media and in the context of a wide range of issues from academic performance and mental health to anti-racism and school safety to name a few. The Social Media Summer Intern will work closely with our communications specialist and be responsible for assisting in planning, implementing, and monitoring our social media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and drive traffic to our websites.
The Social Media Summer Intern will:
● Support our social media strategy and platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube)
● Create and design original, high-quality social media content that reflects CASEL priorities
● Schedule and publish on a regular cadence
● Use a social media marketing and scheduling software tools
● Stay updated with the latest social media trends, best practices & technologies
● Identify strategies to attract new audiences and increase engagement
● Analyze social media data for continuous improvement
● Collaborate with the communications and content teams to ensure material is on-brand
Qualified candidates will:
● Be proficient in Microsoft Office, internet savvy, and experienced with graphic design programs such as Indesign or Canva
● Be adept at using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
● Understand how to use social media for brand awareness and engagement
● Have excellent communication, writing, editing, and problem-solving skills
● Be able to work independently, with strong project management skills
● Have excellent multi-tasking skills
Prospective interns should be enrolled in a college or university, considered rising undergraduate juniors or seniors, graduate students, or post doctoral students in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Education, or relevant programs. CASEL also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers and are able to engage based on experience.
The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning is an equal opportunity employer. CASEL evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, pregnancy, medical condition, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. CASEL employs and values a diverse work environment.
Please note CASEL is currently working remotely and holds meetings and communicates updates via email, Slack, and Zoom. We will only be interviewing candidates that are interested in remote work.