Never settle for less. The Chubb Group of Companies (Chubb Group) provides insurance and reinsurance for a diverse group of clients around the world. Chubb Group offers a broad array of sophisticated property, casualty, accident and health, and financial products, and risk management services to corporate and consumer clients across the U.S.
Chubb Group is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success. With our strong capital base, financial stability, diversified earnings stream and multinational operating platform, we offer an excellent opportunity for your future growth and development.
The position will be based in Philadelphia and will be part of the Enterprise Risk Unit (ERU) that provides support to Chubb Group. The ERU is part of the Corporate Actuarial and Risk Management group under the overall direction of the Chubb Group Chief Actuary & Risk Officer.
The candidate will be assisting in producing quarterly reports as well as research and development tasks and may have project timelines that span months. There will also be ad hoc requests by management that are of an immediate nature. At any one time multiple projects may be ongoing, so the ability to shift focus quickly from one project to another is necessary.
Projects often require tight completion timelines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in production of ERM’s quarterly risk accumulation analyses, reports, and presentations to the various product boards and risk committees;
- Assisting in preparation of various ERM analyses including emerging risk, stress scenario, competitor analysis, rating agency presentations, etc;
- Assisting in preparation of Own Risk and Solvency Assessment for both internal management and regulatory filings; and
- Assisting with maintenance and enhancements of ERM’s global exposure database.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in relevant fields;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word is a plus (including VBA macro skills and knowledge of data arrays and pivot tables), other MS Office applications (Access), and/or SQL;
- Detail oriented with ability to manage complex processes to successfully complete projects and meet required deadlines;
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus: R or Python, SQL, Linux, HTML/CSS
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise verbal and written responses or reports of analyses, results, and work products;
- Should have good organization skills and be able to maintain good documentation and record keeping;
- Learning of corporate finance as well as assessment of credit risk and investment risk (e.g., banking and/or investment professional), is a solid plus; and
- Attainment of any one of the following professional designations is a solid plus: ASA, ACAS, CPCU, CFA, MBA or MS Finance.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website,http://www.chubb.com/
Job: *Administrative Services
Title: Enterprise Risk Management Intern
Requisition ID: 337399