About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions (CS), a nonprofit working to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind, is looking for a Senior Operations Intern for the 2021 summer. The Operations Team works towards creating an environment at CS in which our staff has the best support possible to grow, thrive, and seamlessly carry out CS’ mission. This intern will be responsible for assisting the Chief Operating Officer (COO) with strategic operations initiatives. This internship is perfect for a student who is also interested in learning about the internal workings and management of a growing, innovative nonprofit.
The Senior Operations Intern will learn valuable skills to ensure organizational effectiveness and improve upon their leadership skills. They will learn to understand the inner workings of a nonprofit and the technology used to do so. This includes reviewing existing solutions and workflows, identifying areas of improvement, conducting research on cost-effective solutions, and creating and communicating timelines for implementing improvements.
The intern will work part or full time, 20-40 hours per week for no more than 10 weeks, starting in early June through mid-August. If the intern’s school does not provide a stipend for internships, then CS will compensate at a rate of $15/hour. The intern will have access to multiple training and educational opportunities throughout the summer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the COO to identify areas of improvement
- Assist with the preparation of materials and documentation for meetings/special events
- Analyze and improve organizational processes
- Work with the management team to set and implement policies, procedures and systems
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- Communicate important project updates to appropriate team members
- Thoroughly review and document existing and new operations processes
- Actively listen and collaborative in meetings with the Operations team
- Take part in day-to-day team activities and other assigned duties
- You are self-motivated and autonomous but unafraid to ask questions and get creative with your solutions
- You know how to prioritize your time and can handle multiple projects at once
- You enjoy learning new tools and systems and pick them up quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player
Trainings and educational opportunities offered during internship
- Organization-wide orientation for summer interns
- Community Solutions’ Core Competencies Training (Data Analysis, Quality Improvement, Facilitation, and Human-Centered Design)
- “Introduction to Racial Equity” Training
- Virtual lunch meetings with CS employees, paid for by Community Solutions, to learn about the employees’ roles within the organization, the projects/programs they oversee, and how their work contributes to CS’ mission
- Participation in team meetings and all-staff meetings
- Regular check-ins with supervisor for feedback and guidance
- This is a fully remote internship.