The Commercial organization handles the company’s worldwide commodity marketing and trading portfolio. Commercial works closely with the regional business units to market ConocoPhillips equity production and improve realized commodity values. In addition, the Commercial organization is responsible for generating value from third party marketing and trading.
The Commercial Analyst – New Hire Development Program is designed to provide an active learning environment (including on-the-job and formal classroom training experiences) for individuals from various majors and backgrounds who have a career interest in marketing and trading. The program will consist of up to 3 rotations in roles including, but not limited to the following:
· Contracts Analyst
· Scheduling Analyst
· Risk Analyst
· Market/Economics Analyst
· Crude Analyst
· Natural Gas Analyst
· Commercial Business Unit Analyst
· 24 Hour Power Trader
Depending on the complexity of each role, rotations can last between 6-18 months. During this time, the new hire is encouraged to perform as a fully functioning member of our team and participating in the new hire training curriculum. Upon completion of each rotation, the new hire will be evaluated based on their individual performance. Continuance in the program and eventual placement into a permanent role is subject to the individual’s performance and feedback from their supervisors during the New Hire Development Program.
The rotations and training opportunities are crafted to educate new hires about ConocoPhillips, the energy business, and how the Commercial organization contributes to the company’s value proposition. During the program, new hires will also gain an understanding of ConocoPhillips’ upstream businesses and how each function fits into the value chain.
Responsibilities may include:
· Providing market and business analysis
· Customer and 3rd party interface
· Decision support to operations and management
· Learn and develop new knowledge and skills
· Develop and demonstrate basic knowledge of Commercial function
· Display ability to interpret data and make recommendation to the business
Assignments will typically be at our sites located in Houston or Midland, Texas.
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 17 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee and will not need sponsorship now or in the future
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics or other related field or Engineering, Math, Science or another Technical field or foreign equivalent
· Current level in college: Senior or Graduate Student
· Expected graduation date: Fall 2021 through Summer 2022
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
· A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
· Develops strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
· Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
· Demonstrates an understanding of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
To apply for this position and be considered for an interview, please complete the following steps:
Go to our website http://careers.conocophillips.com/university-recruitment/united-states-university-recruitment-2/ to apply online. Select the “University Job Search” tile. Search using the job number or keyword search for the title listed above.
Complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume
Attach an electronic copy of your unofficial transcript
Answer all questions associated with the application
Provide your e-signature
If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must also register for an interview through your university or college career services.
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2021. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 31, 2021.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F (F1-Academic Student), G, H (H1-B), I, J, L, M (M1-Vocational Student), NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.