SENIOR ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Manufacturing company located in the Northwest part of Houston, is looking to recruit a Senior Accounting Manager bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. Candidate will be responsible of overseeing all accounting related operations, including but not limited to the supervision of the accounts payable process to ensure timely payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices; purchase orders; accounts receivables; and monthly closing journal entries. Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; assists in preparing financial statements.
· Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
· Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
· Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks; disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation
· Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Verifies accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
· Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed. Including but not limited to, customer service related tasks such as entering sales orders, receiving customer payments, and phone interactions with both clients and vendors.
· Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
· Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
· Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
· Prepares monthly general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
· Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Highly skilled in math, accounting and financial processes
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English
Detail oriented and highly organized
Solid understanding of GAAP and applicable regulations
Knowledgeable in all payroll tax liabilities
Bilingual English-Spanish is a plus