The Internal Audit Intern will assist with the following:
- Participating in operational audits (e.g., Treasury Review, Human Resources Review, Safety Audit, etc) occurring during the period.
- Testing internal controls to ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Work performed will include testing IT Application controls, IPE reports, performing process walk-throughs as needed, and testing business process (manual) controls.
Management and board of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective and independent advisory support.
In accordance with IIA Global Internal Audit Competency Framework (“IIA Competencies”), as an internal audit professional, you will be assigned a variety of engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. You will also be responsible for the execution and documentation of SOX testing with a high degree of quality.
1. Accounting/Finance major, preferably in a 5-year Bachelor’s/Master’s Program in Accounting
2. Effective communicator and can work well in a team environment
3. Functional PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products
4. Available to work from May 17, 2021 through August 13, 2021 (or other dates determined by the Intern and Company) – during summer break
5. Willingness to learn and grow as an accounting and auditing professional
This will be a full time (40 hours per week) paid internship. The Internship will be located in our Corporate offices in either Cary, NC or Houston, TX. The Intern will have a hybrid working approach: in office, at home and/or at a plant.
The Intern will be responsible for personal travel, living arrangements and related costs. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer