Paid Internship, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Fully remote, but preference for EST/CST time zones
Who we are:
For 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create more than 330,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country, including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an Intern to work with the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB). This intern will be responsible for the creation of a Tableau dashboard that will provide the CSH’s Racial Equity Design & Implementation Team (REDIT) with a visual tool to fully understand our DEIB progress and efforts to date that should be functional by the end of the fall. The intern will work closely with REDIT and will participate in REDIT ideation sessions, trainings and capacity-building opportunities. The intern will gain experience in digital publications, writing editorial content, active participation in day-to-day activities, as well as involvement in special projects, as needed. A candidate for this role should demonstrate their ability to develop ideas and write expertly with minimal direction. A successful candidate will show a strong commitment to and understanding of CSH’s mission and a passion for race equity and anti-racism work.
Location: Remote, with a preference for ET/CT time zones
Time Commitment: 14-21 hours per week from September-December, 2021
Compensation: $20 per hour
What you will do:
Under the supervision of the DEIB, VP, the intern will participate in a number of projects including:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of an equity dashboard, reporting, and statuses to ensure visibility and oversight of key deliverables
- Assist REDIT in raising the profile of CSH’s diversity, equity and inclusion’s content
- Participate in DEIB programs, including writing and producing internal and external blogs that document key aspects of our work in DEIB work
- Participate in brainstorms on the development of DEI workgroup objectives, initiatives and other projects as needed.
How we work:
The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and a problem solver. Their work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. They will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Candidates for this internship must meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and commitment to anti-racist and liberatory practices rooted in racial and social justice with some previous exposure to DEI work, though professional work experience is not required
- Ability to create a Tableau dashboard to assist in the tracking and managing of key equity metrics to share and support accountability. Ability to create and define these metrics to measure progress.
- Detail and solutions-orientated, great interpersonal skills. Have good multicultural competencies, and ability to comfortably engage in conversations and concepts related to DEI. Passion for helping to co-create diverse, equitable and inclusive communities and workplaces.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Effective written and verbal communications.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple assignments to meet deadlines with minimal supervisory oversight, but can seek appropriate direction and guidance when needed.
- Strong collaborator.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Creative and positive mindset with the ability to think outside the box
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter, and an example of a dashboard they created as one Microsoft Word or PDF document
CSH is proud that it always has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer.