Current Movements is a DC-based organization connecting grassroots movements through art, film, and events.
We are a collective of activists, artists, community-radio lovers, and filmmakers—has been actively engaged in the betterment of communities in and around Washington, D.C. for four years. We believe in the power of independent media to inspire and activate movements for collective liberation. Through our events, films, screenings, exhibitions, podcast, and our new forum for marginalized filmmakers, Feed the Reel, we strive to connect activists, artists, organizations, and social movements with one another. All the while, our programs establish resources that connect global struggles to local issues and inspire new and experienced organizers alike to dream big and take action.
We are currently seeking a social media intern who can provide support managing our social media accounts and posts content. Duties may include:
- Brainstorms campaign ideas.
- Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
- Engages with viewers or community and provides service and/or sales.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
- Assists in creating performance reports.
We are looking for a creative individual who is well organized and able to communicate in a clear and friendly manner. Responsibilities would include preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and pursuing public and private grant opportunities in a variety of areas related to the organization’s work. We would ideally like someone who can commit 20 hours per week. Experience writing successful grant applications is a huge plus.
Ability to write and communicate informatively in a clear and professional manner
Ability to effectively work under pressure, multitask, use independent judgment, and produce a quality work product under deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to engage with sponsors to further relationships
Ability to work and communicate remotely with team members
Commitment to the ideals and mission of Current Movements
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to kia@currentmovements@com.