Start date: June 7th, 2021
End date: August 13th, 2021
CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care. Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
· Projects that contribute to the success of our business
· Community service initiatives
· Mentorship and networking opportunities
· Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
What this business area supports: The Enterprise Data Strategy and Engineering team facilitates and enhances advanced analytical decision-making capabilities across CVS business units. We do so by strategically leveraging big data technology and infrastructure that automate analytic tasks and make data insights faster, deeper, and more accessible.
What you will do: You will be assigned a project aimed at optimizing the consistent and reliable delivery of data reporting to both internal business partners and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Your opportunity will be to leverage CVS Health data assets and technology platforms to create automated analytical processes that monitor and ensure expected data pipeline and report generation activities.
· Have experience with conceptualizing data models and developing data pipeline processes
· Have experience with querying and manipulating large data sets (SQL)
· Have experience with data wrangling and/or data workflow automation (Trifacta)
· Have experience with communicating analytical insights through data visualizations (Tableau)
· Have experience with communicating project progress and results using Microsoft Office products
· Be able to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources
· Have a high level of attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines
· Have a willingness to relocate
· Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
· Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
· Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
· Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
· Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
· Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health
· You should currently be pursuing a Master’s degree
· Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 and August 2022
· Have a major/concentration in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or related STEM field a plus
· Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.