Start date: June 7th, 2021
End date: August 13th, 2021
CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
What this business area supports:
Our PBM Innovation Team consists of Process & Productivity Innovation, Product Innovation, and Product Management & Optimization. This team is engaged across all functions of our Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) Operations as well as Sales and Marketing teams.
What you will do:
The intern will plan, design, and manage the execution of pilot programs that promote operational efficiencies, process improvements, and product innovation; with particular emphasis on root cause analysis, solution ideation, design, and testing.
The intern will independently design, construct, and execute complex analyses to meet business case requirements using data that will often be self-sourced through observations, tests, interviews, and custom data pulls. The intern will also perform root cause investigation, problem solve, articulate conclusions, and make recommendations to the leadership team.
The intern will engage cross-functionally across the organization to design solutions, develop test and implementation plans, drive results, and resolve issues encountered by the team; including using your ability to assess and course-correct as necessary. You will use your superior analytical skills and logic to prepare material and presentations for the business in a way that adds value, is easily understood by others who may not have the same background or expertise, and improves the operational efficiency of the business. You will have the opportunity to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record of constructing and executing complex analyses to meet business case requirements. This will require someone with superior analytical skills, quantitative skills, logic, and problem solving skills, including the highest level of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once. The environment will be, at time, ambiguous and uncertain. The intern will have demonstrated success dealing with this type of fast-paced environment, with the ability to learn on the fly while understanding and solving new problems. It will require a high level of independent judgment and initiative.
• 1+ year of relevant work experience.
• 1+ year of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership, experience and initiative
• Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
• Consulting or related high level analytical experience in an operational environment with experience in building complex business models
• Demonstrated experience with spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software
• Demonstrated evidence of being a self starter; results- and outcomes-oriented
• Open to feedback and constantly reflecting and learning with desire to improve
• Able to work with others to drive cross-functional solutions
• Ability to push beyond the obvious; does not jump too quickly to a conclusion
•Open communication style with organized, structured points
• You should currently be pursuing an MBA
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2021 and August 2022
• Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.