D’Agostino Companies is looking for a highly motivated student seeking an internship as a Real Estate Analyst. The position will support development, acquisition, financing, and asset management activities and will provide a fast-paced and entrepreneurial introduction to the real estate development industry. The Analyst will contribute immediately on new and active projects across multiple markets. The team will rely heavily on the Analyst’s advanced understanding of Excel modeling to quickly analyze and execute development and acquisition opportunities. This internship could lead to a full time position with D’Agostino Companies in the future.
Key Intern Responsibilities
· Develop Excel models of varying complexity to analyze real estate acquisition or development opportunities.
· Research and evaluate conditions in the multifamily real estate industry including data on local, regional, and national sales, acquisitions, key demographic trends, rent, and occupancy to assist in identifying target markets.
· Analyze market research to provide management forward-looking perspectives on areas to target that may currently be overlooked by the competition.
· Assist team in applying market research to help guide the benchmark underwriting assumptions for each target market.
· Prepare multifamily development and acquisition financing presentations for prospective lenders and equity partners.
· Update and maintain rental market studies in target markets utilizing industry sources.
· Prepare and maintain project performance metrics including predevelopment budgets, development budgets, and project timelines.
· Review and analyze financial reports for the company’s existing real estate holdings and identify areas to improve income or reduce expenses.
· Build and maintain working relationships to acquire market insights from internal and external sources, such as lenders, appraisers, brokers, and research professionals.
· Review company’s current acquisition and development financing structures, and constantly analyze alternative structures that may improve returns from the company and its partners.
Skills and Education
· Course work related to real estate and financial modeling in Excel is highly recommended.
· Advanced Excel financial modeling required (quickly create original financial models for new scenarios with limited guidance).
· Self-motivated, team-oriented and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
· Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
· Work hours flexible