The Staff Accountant position is located at our Houston office located at 12301 Kurland Drive, Suite 400, Houston, TX 77034.
The Staff Accountant position will work closely and support the Division Controller of the Project Management and Engineering Divisions. Additionally, the position will be tasked with covering activities in the areas of accounts receivable and financial reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Review accuracy of monthly billings for multiple divisions
- Support contract review and reconciliation for small-large sized projects
- Support Quanta WIP report attributes, such as customer name, state, job type, etc.
- Maintenance of the forecast templates for both Project Management and Engineering division.
- Review job set ups for multiple divisions
- Investigate and track job locations for sales and use tax activities
- POC job progress entry into StarBuilder
- Learn and maintain the ability to invoice POC and time and materials billing
- Perform job cost analysis from the invoice/cost code level up through contract level
- Enter manual and import journal entries (including Pcard, POC WIP, etc)
- Review non-confidential payroll for the time keeping system and Quanta man hour reporting
- Intra-company out-of-balance resolution
- Customer statement reconciliations
- Cash receipts batch review
- Coordinate the clearing of open PO’s, subcontracts and open commitments when required
- Help with filing and pulling audit selections when needed
- Ad Hoc reports for the divisions, financial reporting and management
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
Bachelors degree in accounting is required. One year experience or more of progressively responsible experience in accounting is preferred. CPA license and experience within an engineering organization is a plus.
Possess skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of accounting for construction projects under the percentage of completion method
- Strong understanding of current SOX environment and requirements
- Non-POC accounting experience including time and materials/rate letter and cost plus
- Experience with enterprise software (Hyperion/Essbase), StarBuilder and JD Edwards is preferred
- Strong understanding of all accounting functions and back office processes
- Strong computer software skills including MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in order to meet deadlines
- Strong detail-oriented review and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications and organizational skills
Dashiell provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The Company provides life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, long term disability insurance, and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or one of two HDHPs, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, critical illness insurance, group accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance, a 401(k) with immediate vesting, and more!