We have an opportunity for a highly motivated team player with strong analytical skills to work as a Staff Accountant on our Financial Accounting Team. This position will be located at our corporate office close to the intersection of I-10 Katy Freeway and 610 west.
- Contributes to team effort of producing accurate and timely financial statements.
- Prepares journal entries, general ledger reconciliations and completes the monthly close cycle.
- Assists with financial audit compliance.
- Responds to inquiries from operations on a timely basis, providing a high level of support.
- Assist with special projects.
- Four-year year college degree in Accounting or Finance – CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Excel and Word proficient; JDEdwards experience is a plus
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Good organization and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Come and join our winning team recognized by Fortune Magazine as “One of the Top 100 Companies to Work For” 15 times! David Weekley Homes builds in 19 markets across the U.S. and is the largest privately-held builder in America. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k and discretionary 8% match; Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation, Holidays & PTO
- New Home Discount for Team Member & Family
- College Scholarship Program
- Community Outreach
- And More!