Supply Chain Senior Consultant Summer Associate
Join our Supply Chain team this summer to enhance your education and accelerate your career. As a Summer Associate you’ll work side-by-side with innovative and strategic thought leaders and stay ahead of the rapidly evolving world of business. You’ll get the training to be confident and prepared to tackle our clients’ most complex business issues. You will help clients transform their value chains into competitive advantages by driving proactive insights and decision making. When you become a member of our team not only will you experience our supportive work culture, but you’ll also receive first-hand insights into the day-to-day challenges and opportunities faced by our consultants.
Work You’ll Do
As a Summer Associate, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment that exposes you to a variety of experiences across industries, disciplines, and geographies, while you develop your business skills. You will work alongside industry-leading clients to help them make decisions and implement enhancements to their organizations’ strategy, productivity, performance, and long-term profitability. You’ll also assist in determining the requirements of clients’ projects and programs by defining, analyzing, and managing requirements to help fulfill clients’ needs. While the specific job deliverables will vary according to clients’ needs, our Summer Associates have the broad skills needed to tackle a wide variety of business initiatives. You will have the opportunity to exercise strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the chance to solve complex problems and communicate your findings. You will work independently and collaboratively with a team.
As a Summer Associate, you are comfortable with ambiguity and creating your own path. You are driven to lead and make an impact no matter how big or small the problem. You leverage a ‘business first lens’ across functional and industry topics to drive strategic transformation and deliver solutions to clients. You will be successful by demonstrating a breadth and depth of capabilities and will be positioned as a ‘best athlete’ who is prepared to take on a variety of business, technological and organizational challenges. Examples of these may include innovating and improving processes and experiences; implementing tools, new offerings and data powered advancements; shaping lifecycle activities; identifying efficiencies to enhance organizational performance; and architecting innovative operating models. This individual will help some of the largest and most innovative organizations address their most complex and pressing business challenges.
Supply Chain and Network Operations (SCNO)
SCNO Summer Associates will work across a wide variety of industries and teams on activities such as the following:
- Define and implement enterprise, customer and operating model strategies, while measuring operation performance
- Transform the “heart of the business” and advise clients on leading practices, standardized procedures and tools for global operation
- Build models, policies, practices, and procedures for complex value chains
- Advise clients on how to gain competitive advantage, grow their business and achieve cost and margin targets
- Help clients innovate and transform their current business models and customer experiences by leveraging advanced analytics, digital, and cognitive technologies
- Manage workstreams on large-scale projects in a collaborative environment with client and Deloitte team members
- MBA degree in process (with expected graduation by August 2023) in these or related areas of study:
- Supply Chain
- Operations Research
- Business Analytics and Information Management
- Management and Data Science (e.g., machine learning, applied statistics)
- Strong academic track record
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: Supply Chain Strategy, Supply Chain Analytics, Sourcing & Procurement, Product Development, Logistics & Distribution, Supply Chain Planning/S&OP, or Lean Operations/Smart Manufacturing/Manufacturing Engineering
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel 50% (While 50%of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Additional preferred skills:
- Technical proficiency in Tableau, SQL, MS Access, Python and/or R, Internet of Things
- General understanding of programming languages and agile software development life cycles
How You’ll Grow
During this challenging and inspiring learning experience, you’ll gain first-hand insights into technical skills, critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets needed to be effective as a SCNO Senior Consultant. You’ll work with a wide variety of talented strategic leaders and learn how to develop, implement, and measure innovative strategies, tackle real-world business issues head-on, and experience first-hand the day-to-day challenges and opportunities of this exciting career. Summer Scholars will also be invited to participate in the Consulting Summer Associate Internship Conference hosted during the summer at Deloitte University. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our People and Culture
Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. But don’t take our word for it: Be inspired by the stories of our people.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Additional Information for this posting
The start date for these positions will be in 2022. Openings for this position are in these specific locations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, McLean, New York, Philadelphia, San Jose
1. Apply via the Deloitte website (required for legal purposes) by going to https://deloitteus.avature.net/su/5f2741f40209540c and completing a profile by 2/11/2022.
2. Apply via your school career site.