Finance Strategy and Finance Technology Summer Associate
Join our Finance & Enterprise Performance (F&EP) team to enhance your education and accelerate your career. As a Finance Summer Associate, you will work side by side with innovative and strategic thought leaders in Finance and stay ahead of the rapidly evolving world of business. You will get the training to be confident and prepared to help tackle some of our clients’ most complex business issues. When you become a member of our team not only will you experience our supportive work culture, but you’ll also receive first-hand insights into the day-to-day challenges and opportunities faced by our consultants.
Work You will Do
As a Finance Summer Associate, you will work with diverse global clients across a wide range of industries. You will be on teams advising Finance and Technology executives on how to enhance their organizations, systems, and processes. You will advise, implement, and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organization. You will have a variety of client-facing responsibilities such as analyzing issues, interviewing staff, formulating and making recommendations, and helping clients implement leading practice digital finance solutions.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in specific areas, grow those related skills, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the Summer Associate role into skills-based profiles to best align each Summer Associate with a focus area. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Summer Associates whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas:
- This Summer Associate defines our clients’ organizational, financial, innovation, and growth strategies
- This Summer Associate enhances our client’s business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability by designing our clients’ roadmap to the future
- This Summer Associate tackles our clients’ most pressing issues within talent, cost, performance, technology, and real estate management and develops strategies to solve these issues
- Majors or Areas of Study: Business, Finance, Real Estate
- This Summer Associate supports the implementation of the technology enablers that bring our clients’ Finance strategies to life
- This Summer Associate leads our clients’ exploration and application of emerging digital technologies, such as Blockchain, Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning
- This Summer Associate shapes the client’s application roadmap by defining business requirements, building prototypes, architecting process flows, and bridging client Finance and Technology teams
- This Summer Associate has an experience with or an interest in building models with Anaplan, Oracle Cloud (EPM), Workday, OneStream, TRIRIGA, SAP, Trimble Manhattan and/or data science platforms (R, Python, etc.)
- Majors of Areas of Study: Finance, Business, Information Systems, Technology Management, STEM
- MBA in Finance, Business, Information Systems, Accounting, STEM, Technology, Real Estate, or related degree in process (with expected graduation no later than Fall 2023) or completed in these or related areas of study
- Strong academic standing
- 5 or less years of work experience in consulting for corporate finance and/or a relevant industry (FP&A, Accounting, Financial Operations, Business Partnering, Financial Strategy, Real Estate Mgmt., etc.)
- Preferred experience with analytics and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI)
- A solid understanding of finance organizations and/or processes
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio and other presentation/analysis tools
- Ability to travel 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How You’ll Grow
During this challenging and inspiring learning experience, you’ll gain first-hand insights into technical skills, critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets needed to be effective as a strategy consultant. You’ll work with a wide variety of talented strategic leaders and learn how to develop, implement, and measure innovative strategies, tackle real-world business issues head-on, and experience first-hand the day-to-day challenges and opportunities of this exciting career. Summer Associates will also be invited to participate in the Consulting Summer Associate Internship Conference hosted during the summer at Deloitte University. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Additional Information for this posting
The start date for these positions will be in 2022. Openings for this position are in these specific locations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles and New York
1. Apply via the Deloitte website (required for legal purposes) by going to https://deloitteus.avature.net/su/8d71ca375d2f26fe and completing a profile.
2. Apply via the Bauer Rockwell Career Center