How to Apply Instructions
1. Campus Career Center Application: When applying through your Campus Career Center, you will need to submit your resume and unofficial transcripts. Please submit your resume and unofficial transcripts on both the campus career center as well as on the Deloitte career site. You may use the following naming convention when naming your documents First, Last, type of document_Date (e.g. John Doe Resume_09_15_20).
2. Deloitte Website Application: You are required to apply through the Deloitte website for legal purposes. Please go to Here and complete a profile.
3. Required Survey: Please fill out this survey: Survey
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Intern – Controls, Compliance & Finance
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As an Intern in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of project experiences. Our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities—from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks—to gain competitive advantage. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading team’s help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
Work you’ll do
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects leveraging your business-related degree to help our clients more confidently make decisions to drive performance. You will help our clients embrace change, grow their business, accelerate performance, and navigate periods of crisis or controversy and emerge resilient.
The type of work you focus on will be influenced by your office placement and business needs. Your recruiter will be able to provide more information about our offices. Projects may be aligned to the following areas and include:
· Accounting & Internal Controls: Helping clients advance transparency, relevance, and the quality of information disclosed to the markets and investors so that they can meet regulatory and attestation requirements. You’ll support clients and business unit finance leaders in solving complex financial accounting and reporting issues enabled by digital technologies.
· Transactions/Mergers & Acquisition: Leveraging our accounting experience to research and work with M&A teams on a broad spectrum of technical accounting matters including complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, leases, intangibles, and financial instruments.
· Regulatory & Forensic Investigations: Assisting with compiling, analyzing, and documenting facts for matters under investigation or in litigation and helping clients manage and respond to internal and external investigations, regulatory concerns, litigation, and other business controversy. Supporting clients with their most pressing regulatory and operational challenges. Helping them to identify, remediate, monitor, and manage enterprise risks and create value through implementing a compliant, resilient enterprise
· Strategic Risk: Helping clients to embrace their most strategic risks, providing a platform of advisory services that enable senior executives to plan for, spot, assess, manage, and respond to brand and reputational, financial, catastrophic risks and unforeseen threats that could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation or financial standing
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
· Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills essential to interacting with clients and teams
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
· Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory helps organizations navigate a variety of risks to lead in the marketplace and disrupt through innovation. The insights of our professionals, combined with our specialized products and services, help clients learn how to embrace complexity and leverage their position of strength to accelerate performance.
Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
· Those pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degrees in the following majors will be considered:
o Accounting or related business degree. A concentration in management information systems, business analytics or other business technology related areas is a plus
o Other majors will be considered with a concentration in accounting or a related area
· A strong understanding of Windows-based applications including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Travel (domestic and possibly international) up to 75% may be required, depending on role and location. (While 75% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Meets minimum requirements for CPA eligibility or other relevant certifications before beginning full-time employment
· Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 or above)
· Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs)
From developing a standout resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. But don’t take our word for it: Be inspired by the stories of our people.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.