Senior Manager, Learning and Development – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Learning & Development (L&D) at Deloitte aims to bring out the best of every person and the best of every team, so that we can deliver the best of our Firm to our clients. Focus includes:
- Bringing out the leader in every person
- A holistic approach to development that emphasizes not just education, but also self-awareness, exposure to real-world problems, and connections to people
- Positioning our people to help tackle some of the most complex issues in business, our communities and society at large
The DEI Development Leader position sits on the Career Growth & Development (CG&D) team, one of a small number of learning teams inside L&D. CG&D is uniquely focused on growing cross-business industry, professional, and leadership capabilities, to help our practitioners build the non-technical skills needed to succeed in their current role and prepare for the next one.
Work you’ll do
The Senior Manager, Learning and Development for DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) is accountable for driving the DEI learning portfolio. They will set direction for learning governance, drive innovation, and guide efficient and effective execution, leading a combination of US / USI resources and external vendors / contractors to deliver against the DEI vision. Their scope spans all levels and businesses.
The Senior Manager, Learning and Development for DEI exercises a high degree of independence, working directly with senior leadership, governance councils and partners / Deans. The Leader fosters a forward-thinking development mindset, creating multi-year design/innovation roadmaps and implementation plans in anticipation of the quickly growing practice. As a Senior Manager on the broader Career Growth & Development team, they will lead cross-team initiatives as needed. Specific responsibilities include:
- Create a robust portfolio of curricula that brings the talent development vision (Education, Experience and Exposure) and the business’ strategy to life for your client areas.
- Own, optimize, and manage your portfolio’s operations, including demand analysis, budgeting, resources, faculty strategy, delivery management, communications, evaluation, reporting, content evolution, deployment technologies, and vendor relationships.
- Create the annual development plan to execute the curriculum strategy and bring value to the business. Approve the calendarized micro plan based on the delivery strategy. Actively manage the annual budget and forecast with period-by-period accuracy.
- Evolve and expand the curriculum, leveraging best practices and future-focused innovations to:
- Buy, build, and/or redesign solutions as needed.
- Recommend appropriate delivery mechanisms (e.g., classroom, on demand, virtual classroom, performance support, blended learning).
- Develop the vision, strategy, and implementation plan to drive learning beyond the classroom, employing emerging technologies and creative design ideas to make learning “sticky.”
- Oversee the analysis of learner feedback and other data to promote continuous improvement of development solutions, consistently moving development to the next level.
- Execute with strong project management skills, including monitoring work-plans and managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how often, and knowing when to escalate.
- Lead with excellence and foster high-performing teams in virtual environments; develop people through advocacy, coaching, mentoring and training.
- Ensure national policies, programs and guidelines are followed and manage exceptions and escalations.
- Actively partner with US-India, US-Israel learning teammates and across other US Development teams to share ideas, leverage work, and provide leading-edge development for the modern learner.
- Contribute to additional Talent and Firm initiatives aligned with individual strengths and goals as opportunities present.
Deloitte’s approach on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) focuses on attracting, retaining and advancing a diverse workforce and strengthening our inclusive culture where all our people can connect, belong, and grow.
The DEI Development team plays an important role in bringing this DEI strategy to life. Through the design and delivery of thought-provoking and innovative curriculum, the team is responsible for helping our professionals advance our inclusive culture at every stage of their career. Whether through live, virtual or digital learning experiences, the curriculum is designed to enable professionals to build skills, connect with colleagues and leaders, and deepen their knowledge and understanding of how to behave inclusively in everyday interactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, professional services environment
- Sound leadership skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking to identify interdependencies between issues, data, and outcomes; clear understanding of how moving pieces come together to build the big picture
- Established track record for taking a consultative approach to designing and delivering innovative learning programs with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs
- Go-to resource for adult learning theories, leading-edge instructional design methods, performance consulting, communications and change management
- Significant program management experience in successfully planning, managing and delivering multiple, concurrent, and complex work streams in a matrixed organization with aggressive timelines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with the ability to influence, collaborate, and build consensus
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends.
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and insights in person, virtually, and in writing, succinctly and with impact, understanding what is relevant vs. what is “noise” to the audience.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office skills and ability to produce deliverables that carry a “stamp of excellence.”
- In Excel, aggregate data, complete complex analysis, and display results visually
- In PowerPoint, translate data into insights and tell a logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to your audience; make clear and easily actionable asks
- In Word, create clear, concise, professional written communications with a user-friendly layout that’s conducive to cognition
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- MBA or other advanced degree in training and development, human resources development, education, organizational psychology, or related field
- Prior consulting or professional services experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html