Commercial and Customer Experience MBA Intern Summer 2022
United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Ref #: 8656
How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is the U.S. global airline leader in safety, innovation, reliability and customer experience. Powered by our employees around the world, Delta has for a decade led the airline industry in operational excellence while maintaining our reputation for award-winning customer service. Today, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our customers and employees. Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Delta has moved quickly to transform the industry standard of clean. While many consumers were homebound throughout the pandemic, Delta worked quietly but diligently to pull the future of travel forward. From investing in its people and accelerating its fleet transformation to building a new onboard connectivity experience, Delta is transforming travel into a part of the journey to look forward to. Delta offers customers an industry-leading global network serving more than 300 destinations in over 50 countries. Through innovative alliances with Aeromexico, Air France-KLM, China Eastern, Korean Air, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, and WestJet, Delta has brought more choice and competition to customers worldwide. The purpose of the Commercial & CX Strategy MBA program is to build a strong, diverse and values-driven leadership pipeline for Delta. With ever changing business needs, Delta seeks MBAs to solve some of Delta’s biggest challenges and ensure a competitive stance in the marketplace.
This 12-week summer internship program revolves around one strategic project from one of the below Commercial and CX departments located in our Atlanta headquarters:
• CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE & CONSUMER INSIGHTS: Design onboard and airport product improvements that reach millions of annual travelers or deep dive into customer data to understand trends and develop action plans to improve the CX.
• GLOBAL SALES: Improve the travel experience for Delta’s corporate clients by analyzing the financial contribution of incentive programs and developing new sales strategies to generate incremental revenue.
• NETWORK PLANNING: Maximize profitability by aligning capacity with demand through the strategic deployment of aircraft and development of new city and route opportunities.
• REVENUE MANAGEMENT: Investigate competitors’ pricing actions, initiate sales and other promotions to maintain market share. Analyze and understand the complexities of airline consumer behavior and devise creative strategies for capturing additional revenue through varying the supply of our product.
• RESERVATIONS: Develop recommendations for process improvements for reservations centers, call-handling, and segmentation in order to improve customer service, employee engagement, and maximize cost efficiencies.
• GLOBAL DIATIBUTION & DIGITAL STRATEGY: Maintain the competitiveness of delta.com by developing online marketing strategies and identifying incremental digital revenue streams. Leverage new technologies and processes for global distribution systems and third-party online agency to lower costs.
• MARKETING: Leverage data to develop promotion and channel strategies to drive incremental passenger revenue or improve our values-led communication strategies with our customers.
• ALLIANCES: Improve collaboration and find synergies with our Joint Venture partners
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
Candidates must have completed the first year of an MBA Program with a concentration in Marketing, Finance, Economics, Strategy, Supply Chain or another analytical discipline by the Summer of 2022, have a planned MBA program graduation date by the Summer of 2023, and have at least 3 years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience prior to enrolling in business school
Ideal candidates have strong analytical, leadership, written and verbal communication skills
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for a U.S. based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
Ability to digest large amounts of data and information and succinctly explain what can be learned from the data and how it can support decision making
Desire to learn leadership techniques and best practices in problem solving and conflict resolution to enable innovation and progress on difficult to solve challenges of our customers
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta’s online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here