The Portfolio Management team is responsible for the implementation of Dimensional’s investment philosophy which is influenced by the top minds in academic finance. They ensure client portfolios continually pursue the targeted premiums, provide traders with buy and sell candidate lists, outline trading parameters, and assist clients to understand Dimensional’s investment practices.
As an Associate Portfolio Manager, you will cover all aspects of managing portfolios starting as support for Portfolio Managers and working towards independently managing portfolios Associate Portfolio Managers monitor portfolio characteristics and maintain portfolio structure following the process-driven approach of the firm. This includes identifying buys and sells in a systematic manner and partnering with trading teams globally to implement those decisions.
The role also involves project work focused on making the investment process as efficient as possible and improving where and how we can invest. On a daily basis, Associate Portfolio Managers are responsible for portfolio maintenance involving tasks such as trading foreign currency, issuing buy and sell trades, electing on corporate actions, and evaluating securities’ liquidity. Finally, Associate Portfolio Managers develop the skills needed to present to existing and prospective clients.
A successful candidate for an Associate Portfolio Manager must have:
- Strong philosophical alignment with Dimensional’s investment strategy
- Background in finance and financial theory
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytic skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Comfort with large data sets
- High attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills
- Aptitude for learning basic computer programming languages
- MBA degree required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship