At DistributionNOW, we believe our associates are the best in the business. We value and reward hardworking, creative, and dedicated employees that desire to be part of a team committed to outstanding customer service.
START YOUR CAREER NOW.
DistributionNOW’s Technical Sales Development Program attracts impressive high-potential recent college graduates and effectively hires, trains, and exposes them to our business through relevant applicable work projects. We can guarantee our year-long rotational program will accelerate your learning, development, and success. The Technical Sales Development Program offers an entire year of a rotational experience traveling to different locations, learning various areas of the business while you grasp the overview of DistributionNOW’s business model, process, and overall strategy. In this role, you will have direct contact with both customers and vendors and will ensure the highest level of service as a representative of DistributionNOW.
- Directly support business development efforts to cultivate and grow customer base.
- Provide technical sales support and product information to customers.
- Support DNOW’s training resources in ensuring organizational advancement of the required technical sales skillset
- Support efforts to exceed sales goals, increase market share, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Represent DistributionNOW in a professional manner, emphasizing excellent customer service.
- Accurately create work orders and process invoices.
- Interact with both customers and vendors to complete sales orders.
- Responsible for the entire order process, including order creation through delivery paperwork, and maintaining organized records.
- Receive freight shipments of stock inventory and verify accuracy for material received from vendors.
- Assist customers with products and services.
- Review packing list/order with customers for accuracy.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and neat appearance of the warehouse.
- Load and unload trucks, safely utilizing material handling equipment, when necessary.
- Responsible for daily cycle count, and relaying cycle count and other pertinent information to the Warehouse Supervisor/Lead and the Branch Manager, when necessary.
- Deliver supplies to rig and production sites, ensuring the proper material is delivered on time, safely, and according to customer policies.
- Direct focus on material management to improve customer relations and distribution product (service).
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is a plus
- Engineering in Training, Professional Engineer, Journeyman level tradesperson designation, and or field operations experience is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the Oil, Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Industrial, and alternative energy sectors products and service offerings is preferred
- Proven high-level sales and marketing skills
- Strategic thinker, yet hands-on and tactical
- Ability to initiate and adapt to change, and work as part of small and large teams
- Goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and willing to receive direction
- MS Office skills (Excel and Word) and SAP knowledge preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and analytical.
- Must have current, valid driver’s license and acceptable record at all times.
- Must be able to physically lift up to 40 lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both internal and external.
- Relationship-building abilities with both customers and co-workers.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and dedication to results
- Willingness to travel and willingness to relocate within the US
- Positive yet aggressive attitude
- Presentation and negotiation skills.
- Competitive Salary + relocation/sign-on bonus
- 401(k)/ Retirement savings
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays