Doeren Mayhew is an $89 Million certified public accounting and advisory firm headquartered in Troy, Michigan with offices in Houston, Miami, Dallas, Charlotte, Zurich, and London. Founded in 1932, Doeren Mayhew is recognized as an Inside Public Accounting Top 100 public accounting firm. In 2019 we were rated #64, and in 2020 we moved up to #59. Posting a 17.5% growth in revenue, Doeren Mayhew is one of the nation’s fastest organic growth firms. If you want to join a rising firm that is consistently named among the 50 best-managed firms in the nation and is recommended by 98% of our clients, visit our career page at Doeren.com/careers for a list of our current employment opportunities.
Our firm is seeking an experienced Audit Associate in our Houston, TX office. The Audit/Senior Associate has the opportunity to work as a member of an engagement team serving a diverse client base of industries such as manufacturing, construction, dealerships, governmental and non-profit, wholesale and distribution, retail, restaurant and more. Doeren Mayhew offers a diversified experience in public accounting providing our employees with many opportunities to grow, develop and advance within their careers.
- Work as a member of an engagement team serving clients in industries such as manufacturing, construction, dealerships, governmental and non-profit, wholesale and distribution, retail, restaurant and more.
- Participate and lead all phases of an audit, including planning, control analysis and testing, substantive procedures, as well as identifying and assisting clients with issues and reporting.
- Preparation and review of financial statements, workpapers, audit programs, etc.
- Reviewing and analyzing client internal controls
- Identifying and resolving client issues
- Communicating with clients on a daily basis
- Work closely with clients and associates to develop client and project risk assessments, implementations, and recommendations.
- Maintain active communication with engagement team and clients to manage expectations, deadlines, and deliverables
- Preparation and review of financial statements and management reports.
- Present new ideas and improvements to current processes and tasks in order to achieve firm and departmental goals.
- Train new and less experienced associates on firm technology, processes and procedures.
- Review the work of less experienced associates and provide guidance/mentorship to assist them in developing technical skills.
- Seek opportunities to participate in business development and begin to build network of referral sources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA License preferred
- Minimum 2+ years of current experience in audit practice
- Experience performing financial, operational or system audits is desired
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- ProSystem Engagement experience a plus
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology platforms
- Ability to travel up to 30%