The on-campus job duties of this technology support position include helpdesk, in office and in classroom IT and audio-visual support. This position is classified as an essential worker. The correct person for this job has a high level of competency using technology on a day to day basis in his/her own professional and personal life, and has a genuine affinity for reverse engineering technical problems to find solutions.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
Successful candidates are energetic, high-performers, committed to the school’s mission, who impress us with their drive, joy, initiative, and ability to work productively under multiple deadlines, where unanticipated external and internal events can shift priorities. Candidates must also possess:
· Degree in technology-based field, or the equivalent work experience
· CompTIA A+ Certification
· Skills should support the following:
· Software – including the Microsoft 365 suite, Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS and Android, internet browsers, streaming services and more.
· Hardware – including desktops, laptops, tablets, projectors, LCD monitors and kiosks, printers, network connectivity (ethernet, WiFi, WiDi,) Crestron, microphones, and more.
· Support the Educational Technology Support Manager with creating updated images for OS upgrades. Familiarity with imaging platforms is helpful.
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose computer malfunctions, both hardware and software.
· Ability to perform computer maintenance, repair hardware including both laptop, desktops and tablets.
· Maintain up to date and accurate information in our helpdesk ticketing system, and OneNote procedures manual.
· Use Tclaim to place and track laptop orders for repairs as requested from the Educational Technology Support Manager.
· Coordinate shipping and receiving of parts maintaining accurate records of RMA’s and parts shipped back to manufacturer.
· Manage helpdesk parts inventory control and order parts to restock as needed.
· Manage campus audio/visual systems and equipment to maintain consistent and stable working condition including classrooms, shared spaces and kiosks.
· Support audio/visual requests for training and event assistance throughout campus.
· Maintains a good standing relationship with vendors to coordinate maintenance, installations and training of all installed AV equipment.
· Install software, clone and network computers
· Provide coverage for the Educational Technology Support Manager in the helpdesk as needed.
· Genuine affinity for working with children and families in an educational setting
· Ability to make independent decisions along with maintaining the confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information
· Experience in a PreK – 12 environments, preferably in independent schools
· Strong references to convey your abilities
· Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks
· Current Safe Environment training
· Current CPR certification
· Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
· Punctuality and dependability
· Ability to maintain accurate records
· Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures, and rules contained in the Duchesne Employee Handbook
· Treat parents as partners in their child’s education
· Maintain productive relationships with other Duchesne faculty and staff
· Possess strong people skills in order to be empathetic to children’s and parent’s needs
Tenets of Staff Excellence
Duchesne Academy employees embody and promote the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education. As a staff of excellence, they commit to a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness that impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom. As community builders, employees of Duchesne value and respect their colleagues, and they promote School goals and policies with a generous and positive spirit.
A Sacred Heart employee…
Demonstrates an understanding of Catholic Identity, respects the tenets of Catholicism, and participates in the faith life of the School.
Models acceptance of and respect for other faith and cultural traditions.
Values and encourages interactive service as a life-long commitment.
Creates an inviting environment which honors rigor and relevance, and promotes critical thinking, collaboration, and the creative use of the imagination.
Embraces the importance of the integration of technology within the school; supports and promotes the ethical use of all forms of technology.
Researches, reflects on, and adopts best practices to promote excellence in the area of expertise.
Continually seeks professional growth through self-reflection, observations, collegial dialogue and professional development opportunities.
Fulfills routine professional responsibilities in a thoughtful and timely manner.
Works in partnership and open communication with parents and colleagues to ensure the well-being of the school.
Contributes to a community culture that fosters thoughtful decision-making, honorable behavior, accountability, and a sense of hope.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts Duchesne’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or Duchesne may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.