“We encourage all students and alumni to evaluate all on-campus and off-campus employment opportunities. By applying to this position, students are assuming any and all risk of COVID-19 related symptoms or illness”
Are you an accounting professional with 2+ years of experience in public accounting or just at the start of your accounting career and would love a meaningful work/life balance? If so, please read on!
We believe in providing value-added accounting, tax, and financial services to our clients. We deliver above and beyond a tax return.
Our firm is cutting edge. Paperless for more than 20 years, we are a cloud-based firm, and 100% of our people work remotely from home or elsewhere. Not just now during a pandemic, but all the time! Also, we don’t bill by the hour. 99% of our work is priced up-front before we begin.
Your schedule is your own. If you meet all your client deadlines, complete all work assigned to you, and keep your clients and managers delighted, then enjoy your free time as you choose. We expect that you will not take time off during tax season. Beyond that, it’s entirely up to you, provided that you are consistently productive.
We service clients all over the world. Your clients will be diverse and interesting, never a dull moment. Our growing firm will provide you with upward mobility if that is what you desire. You choose the nature of your career with our firm. So long as you are productive and adding value, you will not be micro-managed.
- Review bookkeeping work. Make necessary adjustments and provide feedback and ongoing training to staff.
- Prepare monthly managerial reports for bookkeeping clients for review and use by managers. Provide insightful feedback on the financials to add value.
- Assist with onboarding or converting clients onto QuickBooks Online and setting up payroll services with Gusto, Paychex, or ADP.
- Prepare tax returns, including forms 1040, 1041, 1120, 1065, 1120S.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly tax estimates.
- Work with managers to respond to notices from IRS or other taxing authorities.
- Communicate with clients as needed to collect information to ensure a complete and accurate work product.
Technical skills you should have:
- Quickbooks Online and Desktop, and Microsoft Excel. Experience in tax software is a plus.
- Experience with other accounting applications is useful but not required, such as Xero, Ajera, and JobBoss.
- Familiar with payroll solutions from Gusto, Paychex, ADP.
- Ability to figure out solutions to software issues independently.
- Ability to “connect the dots” — use your reason and knowledge of the client’s tax and financial profile to deliver a superior service.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to apply your understanding and provide effective instructions to clients or staff in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to organize daily work responsibilities and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines without direct supervision.
- Ability to complete work in an effective and accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Hands-on experience with the preparation of all forms and schedules related to individuals, gifts, trusts, and business entities.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem-solving, critical/ analytical thinking, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A strong, unwavering commitment to the client’s interests above all. Demonstrated ability to place the client’s interest above self-interest.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary $45K-$65K
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health Insurance Benefits
- 401K with employer match
- Work/life balance set your own hours
- Work remotely from home or elsewhere
- A potential path to management for those interested
- A firm eager to hear new ideas, and willing to quickly implement the best